One killed in hit and run crash on Grade Lane | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - A man in his early 30's was killed by a hit and run driver while riding a bike on Grade Lane.
According to Alicia Smiley, a Louisville Metro Police spokesperson, a passing motorist called MetroSafe just before 5 a.m. reporting they had seen a body in a ditch in the 6700 block of Grade Lane.
Officers found the man who appeared to have been struck by a car while riding on a bicycle.
Police believe the accident happened sometime between 3:45 a.m. and 4:45 a.m. The car that hit the man left the scene and the accident is being called a hit and run.
Smiley tells WAVE 3 Metro Police do not have a description of a car that might be involved. They hope that pieces of the vehicle found at the scene will help determine the make and model.
The section of Grade Lane involved was expected to be closed for several hours while police conducted their investigation.
Anyone with information about the accident is asked to call the LMPD Crime Tip Line at 574-LMPD (5673). All calls to the Crime Tip Line are anonymous.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top South/Central Louisville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Louisville’s Active Heroes competing for $250,000 grand prize in Home Depot Foundation contest
- Suspended principal will not return
- Senator Mitch McConnell to address Bullitt County Chamber of Commerce
- Nichols Elementary School archers aim for success
- North Bullitt High School students accepted to first-time New Albany Entrepreneurship Academy